Ei is the official media partner for the National Zero Waste Business Conference (NZWBC). Below is a complete listing of conferences beginning in 2012, along with supporting Zero Waste in ACTION Blog articles.
2016 National Zero Waste Business ConferenceJune 1 - 4, 2016
In June 2016 the Austin Resource Recovery, a City of Austin service, hosts the prominent Five Annual National Zero Waste Business Conference as Title Sponsor. For the third year, Ei is the NZWBC Official Media Partner, The following ZWA Blog articles published regarding the stellar conference:
- 2016 Zero Waste Conference: "Tuning in"to Zero Waste - announces the Fifth Annual NZWBC.
- "Tune-in" to Zero Waste and Catch Austin's Beat to a World Without Waste - gives an overview of the stellar 2016 NZWBC program, featuring the City of Austin and the plenary program.
- A "Tuned In" Industry Catches a Vibrant Zero Waste Beat - chronicles the conference keynotes, plenary panels along with the food waste topic intertwined throughout the program.
- The Macro Cost of Micro Contamination - gives a synopsis of the Ei-hosted panel with the same name.
For a pictorial recap of the conference, visit the comprehensive Ei FB album, 2016 National Zero Waste Conference.
Food Waste Composting: Challenges, Successes & Lessons Learned:
- Holly Elmore - Elemental Impact (moderator)
- Frank Franciosi - U.S. Composting Council
2016 NZWBC - USCC (2369 KB)
- Anne Bedarf - GreenBlue | Sustainable Packaging Coalition
2016 NZWBC - GB | SPC (3258 KB)
- Christy Cook - Sodexo
2016 NZWBC - Sodexo (2016 KB)
The Macro Cost of Micro Contamination:
2015 National Zero Waste Business ConferenceMay 6 & 7, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Ei was the national conference media partner and an active participant in the conference program. Following are ZWA Blog articles capturing pre, during and post conference activities.
- 2015 Zero Waste Conference: A Star-Studded Event! - announces the conference.
- Stellar conference program highlights the "Stars of Zero Waste"- gives an in-depth program preview.
- Business NOT as usual: fine-tuning the zero waste journey - chronicles the conference's impressive plenary sessions.
- Zero Waste Makes Good Business Sense - features the conference breakout sessions along with Ei’s strong conference participation.
- Elemental Impact: a business approach to sustainability - features Ei Founder Holly Elmore's interview by ecotopiaU media
Ei Founder Holly Elmore moderated the Zero Waste at Multi-Tenant Properties and Source Separation Maximizes Material Value panels showcasing zero waste success amidst industry challenges.
For a pictorial recap of the conference, visit the comprehensive Ei FB album, 2015 National Zero Waste Conference - "The Stars of Zero Waste."
Source Separation Maximizes Material Value Presentations:
- Holly Elmore - Moderator
- Tim Trefzer - Georgia World Congress Center
2015 NZWBC - GWCCA (3601 KB)
- Nadereh Afsharmanesh - Earth Friendly Products
2015 NZWBC - Earth Friendly Products (7686 KB)
- Rick Lombardo - Natur-Tec
2014 NZWBC - Nature-Tec (9870 KB)
Zero Waste at Multi-Tenant Properties Presentations:
- Holly Elmore, Founder & CEO, Ei - Moderator
- Sue Beets-Atkinson, Corporate Sustainability Manager, SBM - Delivering More Than Cleaning
2015 NZWBC - SBM (7098 KB)
- Matt Hupp, Chief Operating Officer, Keter Environmental Services - Landlord & Tenant Perspective
- Gregory Chafee - Partner, Thompson Hine, LLP - Contract Provisions: A New Zero Waste Resource
2015 NZWBC - Thompson Hine LLC (5866 KB)
2013 National Zero Waste Business ConferenceMay 8-9, 2013
Across the board zero waste success is anchored in a team approach, engaging employees, suppliers and the community. As the first Ei-hosted panel, Ei Partners presented on how the hospitality industry harnessed team synergies and created programs where the entire value chain and the community benefits. Ei Founder Holly Elmore moderated the Zero Waste is a Team Sport panel discussion:
- Scott Lutocka – Piazza Produce: addressed the supplier’s critical role to zero waste success
- Chris Bradlee – BASF: showcased the team spirit in the Seattle Mariner’s zero waste program
- Perry Kranias – HMSHost - Tampa Airport: presented on how food donation programs benefit ALL
For details on the panel presentations see the ZWA Blog post, Zero Waste is a Team Sport, a powerful USZWBC conference panel.
2012 National Zero Waste Business ConferenceJune 26 - 27, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
The stellar inaugural conference focused on establishing Zero Waste basics. The ZWA Blog article U.S. Zero Waste Business Council hosts first-rate conference, is a conference overview, while the Ei FB album, 06-12 US Zero Waste Business Council Conference is a pictorial recap.