AKG Stage 3
- Stage 1: Building the Foundation
- Stage 2: Developing the City-Wide AKG Template
- Stage 3: National Expansion
- Stage 4: Environmental Impact Research
The Ei AKG Initiative city-wide template developed in Stage 2 will serve as the foundation to secure funding for national expansion. After the Atlanta pilot launch, research begins on potential funding sources along with respective application processes for the national expansion plans.Within the application process, the national expansion plan will develop with detailed action points, similar to the Ei AKG Initiative Detailed Action Plan crafted for the Atlanta pilot launch.
For additional details on the AKG, visit the following ZWA Blog articles:
- Zero WATER Waste: more than a goal, a necessity introduces the importance of addressing water use | toxicity and gives an overview of the GLF system.
- GREASE: Activating the Zero Waste Evolution reintroduces GREASE along with history, future directions and mention of the SFCI Atlanta Airport meeting on grease generated by airport concessionaires.
- GREASE: a new frontier filled with economic & environmental promise delves into the current airborne kitchen grease scenario and how a proactive approach saves water, toxic chemical use, labor and dollars.
- Airborne Kitchen Grease: a simple solution to a costly kitchen by-product introduces the first action steps to developing a city-wide AKG initiative.
- Atlanta Airport Presents a Proactive Approach to Airborne Kitchen Grease announces the American Association of Airport Executives' February | March publication Airport Magazine article, AIRBORNE KITCHEN GREASE: A New Frontier in Sustainability, A simple solution saves tremendous water use, labor and dollars. Co-written by Michael Cheyne, Atlanta Airport director of asset management & sustainability, and Ei founder Holly Elmore, the article is in the Airport Magazine Asset Management department.
- Charlotte opportunities segue into ACTION documents the powerful Ei Charlotte visit. The AKG Initiative was an Ei driver for scheduling the July 2015 Charlotte visit. City, county, state and federal associates made the Charlotte Airport AKG meeting a priority in hectic schedules. The AKG presentation is downloadable below.No media download found.
- Ei Airborne Kitchen Grease Initiative, announces the initiative along with an overview and the four-stage plan.