Ei Conscious Cleaning Initiative
Removing toxic-chemicals from standard-cleaning practices
To eliminate the use of toxic and harmful chemicals in commercial cleaning systems and minimize the byproducts generated.
Though they are an improvement over toxic-cleaning solutions, many green-cleaning products are synthetic in nature and may pose harm to individuals and the environment. Conscious cleaning solutions cause no harm whether ingested via breath or swallowing or flushed into sewer systems. Vinegar and baking soda are two common household products that are excellent conscious cleaning solutions.
The RiA Magazine article, The Evolution of Standard Cleaning Practices, gives an overview of cleaning practices and introduces conscious cleaning.
In addition to cleaning solutions, the Ei CCI addresses cleaning protocol, supplies used, and the carbon | water footprints inherent within janitorial programs.
The Ei Conscious Cleaning Initiative works with Industry Pioneers who established strong green-cleaning practices years ago and are enthusiastic to evolve into conscious-cleaning practices.
The CCI Pilots represent facilities within various industry segments. CCI Pilots agree to the following parameters:
- Pioneer – pilots serve as industry pioneers and assess CCI practices from operational implementation and bottom-line impact.
- Industry Leader – once best practices are established, the pilot managers share with their industry colleagues.
- Strategist – pilot managers work closely with the CCI Team to strategize on expanding the initiative impact and/or developing new focus areas.
Meetings are in process with potential CCI Pilot executives to determine the initiative parameters and protocol. The former Sustainable Food Court Initiative (SFCI) Pilots and Founding Zero Waste Zones participants are the initial target audience for CCI Pilots.
The CCI Team consists of a trusted team with long-term Ei relationships:
- Holly Elmore – Ei Founder
- Tim Trefzer – Ei Leadership & Georgia World Congress Center Authority Director of Sustainability
- Shelby Buso – U.S. Green Building Council Georgia Chapter Director
- Louis Herrera – Ei Supporter & Meristem Packaging Founder & CEO
CCI Pilot Focus Areas:
Within the launch phase, the Ei CCI addresses two primary focus areas:
- Conscious Cleaning Solutions
- Right-Sized Bag Program