GRLEI Social Equity
The Regenerative Working Group (RWG) is active within three Focus Areas: Infrastructure, Environmental Resources, and Social Equity.
Focus Area: Social Equity
Vision: The RWG Social Equity Focus Area seeks to support the development of complete communities with equitable access to opportunity and amenities for all people.
Scope: This group explores ways to promote complete communities that include equitable access to housing, transportation and transit, education, employment, human services such as healthcare and safety, and other amenities such as parks. These complete communities balance land uses focused on people, (such as commercial and residential land uses), with natural and working land uses such as open space, waterways, farms, and ranches.
Challenges & Impact: Arguably, addressing sustainable and equitable land economics is the greatest challenge of our time. The Social Equity Focus Area seeks to support this goal by focusing on stakeholders who may lack the access or resources necessary to be involved in land economics decision-making. These often involve barriers stemming from community investment practices and socio-economic issues.
Topics: relate to areas of exploration that correspond to the scope of one or more focus areas. Many topics will intersect focus area boundaries as well as other topics. The following topics relate to the Social Equity Focus Area:
- Affordable Housing
- Neighborhood Planning
- Inclusive Zoning
- Urban Agriculture | Healthy Food Access
- Racial Equity
- Zoning & Development Practices
- Transportation Access | Equity
- Health Disparity
- Greenspace | Nature Access
- Healthy, Nutritious Food Access
- Affordable Healthcare Access
- Education & Workforce Development
- Broadband Network Communication: Fiber-to-the-door for all
- Applications that foster business & healthcare connections
- Remote medical expert access for rural & small cities
- 5G vs. fiber networks
- Makers | Innovators | Start-Up Support
- Tactical Urbanism
- Behavioral Economics & Design (NCCOR)
- PTSD | PTSG & Spectrum Disorders Impact
- Vibrations from Human Activity
- Full Sensory Experience
- Wage Disparity in Critical Industries
- Food Industry (hospitality, agriculture, food processing)
- Urban Development