Sustainable Materials Action Team
An Ei Task Force
Scope: To engage in material identification within Ei Pilots focused on contamination and value, leveraging the team’s market insights, skill sets and knowledge of value-added industry best practices.
- Boyd Leake, City of Atlanta, Office of Sustainability
- Rick Lombardo, Natur-Tec
- Grant Braasch, NatureWorks
- Doug Kunnemann, NatureWorks
- Kim Charick, U.S. EPA, Region 4
- Compostable Food & Beverage Packaging Education Sessions
- EPA Scaling Up Composting in Charlotte, NC
- World Chefs’ Waste | Recycling Course Curriculum
- Zero Food Waste Journeys at Afternoon in the Country and RayDay
The respective website pages detail important SMAT accomplishments.
In addition, Rick Lombardo presented on SMAT accomplishments at the 2015 National Zero Waste Business Conference (NZWBC) on the Source Separation Maximizes Material Value panel moderated by Ei Founder Holly Elmore. At the 2015 Annual Ei Partner Meeting Rick gave an impressive presentation on SMAT accomplishments. Rick’s SMAT PPT presentation is downloadable on the Annual Ei Partner Meeting page.
In 2016 Rick co-presented the Ei-hosted NZWBC Macro Cost of Micro Contamination panel and set the stage for the Recycling Refinement focus area of the same name.